Monday, July 11, 2011

Jessica Gonzalez: Bunny


This is another one that may be difficult for me to explain.

First i made my selection of the bunny, and I went to the masks panel and masked the edges as like in chapter 6, to soften the section. I applied my mask and copied the bunny.

Next I opened the flower image, duplicated the flower layer and put the bunny in between them. Then with transform selection, I adjusted the size of the bunny and flipped it horizontally.
With the quick selection tool I selected the background (the blurred area) and then I inverted the selection.
In the masks panel I refined the edges. I set the output to Decontaminate color and new layer with mask.
I continued to refine the edges with several new layers and masks, but I started having difficulties getting the tools to do what I wanted. I think I got confused when it came to the refine radius brush and erase refinements, I either wasn't seeing any results or I ended up erasing selections that I wanted to add. So this option worked well for me as a starting point but I really had trouble making fine adjustments.

What I ended up doing was going to the mask and reducing my brush size, flow, and opacity, and painted the small areas that I wanted to fine tune. I went to the channels and clicked on the mask to reveal the red mask so I could better see the detail I painted. Before too long I noticed that the bunny still looked really strange because it had a blue color cast that shouldn't appear in the sunny outdoor lighting, so, with the bunny layer selected, I used the color replacement tool and sampled another area of the bunny and painted over the blue.


I tried the fern too.

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good. I don't see any hard edges or obvious editing. The only suggestion I have is maybe you could have nestled the bunny down in the flowers. He kind of looks like he's in mid hop. But maybe that's what you wanted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think this looks amazing. He looks like he's really there. I like his position, but he'd probably look just as good nested down in the flowers like Kim said. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.