Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jessica Gonzalez: assignment 9

Sorry class for not getting the steps in on time. I have been working really hard on my analytical paper for my tech writing class so unfortunately I had to make a sacrifice this week on my time in this class which is unfortunate because I enjoy this class so much more. Anyway...


I actually had something else posted, with comments, and removed it because it was really boring. I do part time graphic design and I uploaded something I did for work, but felt like I needed to do something funner.
First I started out with a 5x7 blank canvas.

I browse for an image that fit my theme and opened it in PS and dragged it to my canvas on a new layer.
The image was larger that my canvas, so I used the free transform to rescale it which left 1.5 inches negative space on the left of my canvas.
I sampled a dark pink from the image and filled in the background layer with it.
I created a new layer, used the rectangular marquee tool, and made a 1.5x7 selection
across the top. I sampled a lighter color of pink from the image and filled in my selection.
I created the text across the top, and adjusted the character to fit how I wanted it, and added the inner shadow effect.
I browsed for another image with the same color scheme, and found a flower image and opened it in a new layer. I added a clipping mask to the new layer, so the text looked like it was written with the flower layer. I added the text to the left in white and centered it within the dark pink area. I added a new layer, selected the whole image, went to edit, stroke, 5px and chose the light pink. then, with a pixel square brush, I held shift, and drew a horizontal line separating creating a border around the light pink, and drew another line bordering the dark pink.

1 comment:

  1. I chose Jessica's image for the best use of type and pictures. I like how she has complimenting colors as borders, and the image filling in "We're expecting". It gives it a more fun feel than if she'd just done a solid type. I think this image pulled together really well. Nice work. =)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.