Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Jessica Gonzalez: Vectors


First I downloaded am image of a skull, and using the same steps in the book I traced the skull with the paths tool. For each path I traced, I named it accordingly and created a separate layer to mach, and added a stroke to my paths to create the skull.
(And as I'm typing this I have just realized I didn't follow the directions because I didn't make my skull into a shape.)
I added a red heart shape, a rose shape that I downloaded and used the pen tool to create a path for the text up top. To get the different color behind the scull I used another shape and set it to overlay. The borders: ctrl+a, transform selection, 95%, stroke with red at 5 pixels.
so...
I'm going to leave this up but I did a quick fix.


for this version, with all the other shapes in place, I traced my skull with the pen tool and clicked the shape layers, I added new shapes over the eyes and nose. I used the line tool to create the mouth and the line tool to draw in the boarder. I then removed my unwanted layers, (the skull that I drew, and the border).

I wanted to draw trace the shapes of the eyes and nose to make the skull organic, but I was having trouble drawing new shapes on a separate layer. Each time I tried nothing would show. I thought maybe I can continue to do the shapes on the same layer, to subtract from the shape, but I couldn't get it to do that. I think I will try again later. My main problem was I didn't understand the assignment fully and only read from the chapter what I thought I needed for the assignment. I missed the part about "Subtracting Shapes from a shape layer". After I figure this out I will repost. again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.