1. I created a levels adjustment layer and adjusted the black point, white point, and midpoint sliders.2. I created a curves adjustment layer and:
a. used the black-point eyedropper tool to set the black point (the truck's wheel-well/tire),
b. used the white-point eyedropper tool to set the white point (the baby's outfit),
c. used the gray-pint eyedropper to set the gray point (the pole behind the mother).
d. I also adjusted the red, green, and blue curves slightly. This was tricky, to say the least.
e. I actually deleted and recreated the curves layer several times, until I got the picture to this point.
3. I tried copying the background layer, setting the blending mode to multiply, and adjusting the opacity downward. I tried several variations of this, along with my several curves layers. I finally decided that this version, with no background copy layer, looked the best.
4. Finally, I used filter > sharpen > unsharp mask, with an amount of 75%, radius of 1.0 pixel, and threshold of 4 levels.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.