Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Angelesa Ward - Typographic Design

So once again, trying to find an image and an idea to work with consumed so much time. And then I tripped across a bunch of images I took when my cat Sasha was standing on my desk between me and my computer, telling me it was bedtime. A couple of them are priceless, but this one conveyed the sleepy insistence she had at the time. So...

Once I found the image, I emailed it to myself (iPhone, how do I love thee, let me count the apps...) and opened it up in Photoshop. I found a type I liked and typed all my wording in two different layers. I added a drop shadow and a color overlay to the top text and for the bottom text I experimented with a gradient overlay. I didn't like how it turned out. I mean, it was pretty, but it disappeared into her fur at one point, so I went with a color overlay on the bottom too, with a subtle glow. Overall, I like it, and it'll be gracing the background of my phone soon. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.