Tuesday, July 19, 2011

09-1-Type


I came up with the idea of doing a “Northern Lights” design, so I started with a new psd file in an 8X10 size. I copied the background layer and first tried using a black background and using a gradient from top left to bottom right. It looked good, but instead went with a blue background, changing its opacity to 85% and put a star field image on the layer below it to get the “stars” in the background. I then added the word “Northern Lights” to the image, I then warped the text using the flag effect and adding a drop shadow, inner shadow, and outer glow to it. I then duplicated that layer, changed the words to “Aurora Borealis,” and then moved and rotated the layers to where they are now. I found a couple of images of the Northern Lights and added a clipping mask to those words so that the words had actual colors of the Northern Lights in them. I found three more images of the Northern Lights on the internet and inserted them across the middle. I first tried just using a drop shadow on them, but instead I used a picture frame from the custom shape tool. I finalized it by adding the paragraph in the bottom and adding a drop shadow to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.