Sunday, July 3, 2011

Jessica Gonzalez: before and after


Before


After

Camera Raw

Adjusted the temp and tent sliders to add warmth

temp 6450
tint-12

Increased exposure +0.25

Sharpening Amount 120, Radius 1.0, Detail 3

Photoshop

Duplicate image

Used a combination of the patch tool and spot healing tool on the forehead wrinkles

Used spot healing tool on scar on eyelid.

I practiced fixing the eyes like on page 145. But I could not get successful results using these tools.

To remove the dark circles under the eye I used the patch tool.

Then I used to dodge tool set at Range: midtones and Exposure 8% to reduce the little bit of dark circles that was left.

used the sponge tool on the iris of the eyes and the dodge tool on the whites of the eyes.

also sponged/ saturated the lips.

Used healing brush tool on crease in neck and sponged the shadow on the jaw line.

Sharpened the image again (i forgot to note the specs)

Duplicate layer again

I used the color replacement tool around the darks of the eyes and experimented with the mixer brush tool

I lowered the flow to 10% and sampled my desired area and started to paint over the skin. It blended the blotchy complexion better than just running the surface blur.

ran the surface blur on the same layer and set the opacity to 34%.

Adjustment layers:

Photo filter: warming filter (85) at 10%

Vibrance: +25

1 comment:

  1. I like what you've done here with your before and after! You did a great job with warming the picture up, touching up the photo to remove dark circles, etc. I like the saturation of the irises and lips. The only things I might have done differently are to omit the surface blur (I might have even sharpened the photo a bit) and to crop the bottom of the photo just below shoulder level. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.