
So this assignment ended up being done VERY late because time is indeed money. Just started a new job and when not at work, I come home and pass out... But.. it's done now!
For this assignment the coins were just too good to pass up as numbers on the clock. I carefully cut them all out with the Elliptical Marquee Tool and placed them artfully around the clock. I used the magnetic lasso tool to cut out the minute hand, hour hand, and second hand to make sure they lay on top of the coins. I then converted the clock to a layer and removed the white around the outside of it. I layered the 20s under it so that it completely covered the background, and then used the Text Tool to write over the top. Over all, I like it, though I wish I hadn't been quite so tired and had a bit more time to work on it.
So after sleeping, I realize I should have added a drop shadow to the lettering, but meh.
ReplyDeleteGreat job. The one thing I think is distracting is the text. The background is overpowering and it is difficult to read the text. To make it pop I would have lowered the opacity of the area only behind the text.
ReplyDeleteA good trick to do this is to create a new layer beneath your text layer, and basically paint in white with a soft brush just where your text is going to be, then lower that layers opacity to about 15% or 20%. Of course this can be done using the marquee tool as well, select the area that your text covers. Feather the edges and fill it in with white.
Having a shadow behind the lettering would have been nice, but i the coins as the numbers on the clock are awesome and very creative. I also like how u layered the bills under the clock. very nice
ReplyDeletewow... that was a typing fail. i meant to say "but i think the coins" haha
ReplyDelete