Monday, July 4, 2011

Angelesa Ward - Before and After


This assignment was a tricky one. As stated in a previous post, I don't have a real camera at my beck and call (though my parents have one I could drive over and borrow) so my saved images were kind of sparse pickings.

I took this photo with my iPhone a couple years ago at the Salmon Bake.

As you can see, the BEFORE image was dark, washed out, not very colorful, and crooked. After fighting with Mini Bridge for a while trying to get it to open the image and failing, I opened up Bridge and navigated to where the file was hiding, and convinced it to open it in Camera Raw. Once I had it there, I fixed the white levels, temperature, blacks, bridghtness, tint and clarity. I also rotated and cropped the image with the straighten tool. Then I took the image into Photoshop. After fiddling with Sharpening the image, and not liking the result, I pulled up the History panel and undid all I'd done. I tried using dodge on the shadows under her eyes, but the effect didn't come out as I'd intended. I ended up using the sponge to bring up the color in her eyes, and the dodge tool to lighten the whites of her eyes. I'm fairly satisfied with the results. She's the center image of the photo and she has a healthy glow to her skin that is much more true to how she really looks.

1 comment:

  1. I think everything you did with this picture has definitely brought it to life. Like you said, it was dark, washed out, not very colorful and crooked. I think you tackled all these problems very well.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.