
I cropped out part of the top of the original photograph, along with the girl on the right side of the photo. I used the clone stamp tool to remove the dog in the background, and also to remove the girl holding the horse. I also used the clone stamp tool to remove the part of the riding hat left in the lower right corner after cropping the picture.
I created curves, levels, and color balance levels to adjust the color balance, tone, and brightness of the photograph. I also used the unsharp mask.
I found it challenging to make the grass look natural using the clone stamp tool. Any suggestions?
To get more natural grass, you can possibly try changing your brush, for things like grass I like to use a softer brush. Also, continue to sample differnt areas of the grass because depending on how close to your destination you sample, and the direction you are brushing, you may be re applying the same brush strokes and get a repetive look in the grass. Another thing I noticed., you may want to sample from the same plane of field in your image because you want to maintain the same quality of focus and size ratio in each plane.
ReplyDeleteLike if you sample grass from the foreground and apply it to the background, it will look unnatural bacuse the grass in the foreground will be larger. If you sample from the area of focus and apply it to the background, it will look unnatural because obviously you will apply a more sharp sample next to less sharp area in your image. Im sure there is a way to aviod these problem and make your cloning less limiting, but there are tooks we havent discussed yet. So I think these are some tips I may be able to provide, using what we have learned so far.
Thank you for the suggestions, Jessica. I will try using a softer brush next time. I did keep the "plane of focus" in mind when sampling areas for the clone stamp--but still wasn't quite happy with the end result.
ReplyDelete