
The first thing I did was open a new file. I painted the background green. Then I brought in the $20 bill and painted the white area on that green. The next thing I did was bring in the clock. I used the elliptical marquee tool on it then cut and pasted it into my new file. I added a drop shadow to it and changed the opacity so that you could see the bill through it a little. I also used the elliptical marquee tool to copy and paste the coins. They also got a drop shadow that I copied to each layer. Then I added the text which also has the drop shadow. I played with the font and color until I liked it.
This is a nice design. I like the way that you overlapped the various elements, for example the clock overlapping the twenty, and the coins both under and over the edge of the clock. This gives the design a sense of depth that makes it more interesting. Your drop shadows on the clock and the coins add to the illusion of depth. The only suggestion I would make is that you enhance your text somehow to make it more readable and visible. Nice job!
ReplyDeleteI like idea of the green background and I think I know your reasoning for using it. Money is green. however, I would have used a different kind of green. The bright green seems to absorb the coins and the text. I suggest to sample the green from the bill and lower the opacity of it to use for the background. Although green is the complementary color of red this one kind of clashes with the text because there is this fight between the vibrancy of the the two colors. I also agree the text could be enhanced. I offered advice to Angelesa on how to do this if you want to refer to it. Other than that, the composition looks great and the drop shadows were a great idea to add depth. I like how you selected random coins to make them look almost as if they were thrown on the table.
ReplyDeleteAnother thing to note, is the placement of the clock. The way the clock fills half the frame, but is cropped off at the left and the bottom corners is very pleasing. It helps to tie the composition in as a whole and if the clock was placed in the frame without touching the borders or the edges, it would almost seem static (if that's the word I'm looking for) creating a block in the movement of the image.