Sunday, June 5, 2011

Assignment 2: Jessica Gonzalez



First I used the Clone stamp tool - to remove hot spots, and Red eye


next I adjusted tonal range w/ levels -watch the histogram to ensure wide tonal range


Then I made color and more tonal adjustment using curves with the "on image adjustment tool"


I experimented with the eye dropper tool but didn't like the results


*The grey produced too much of a blue cast on the image


*The whites blew out the image; the highlights in the log became to excessive


*The darks were to extreme.


I experimented with the sponge tool, but I didn't like the results from it either: The sponge on saturate: produced to much orange in the image and created a distraction wherever I tried to use it.


I added a second curves adjustment layer then I went through each channel individually (red, green and blue) and used the on image adjustment tool again


This second curves layer neutralized the orange color cast and removed the sepia look, that I produced while adjusting tones with the first curves layer.


While the results aren't perfect, they are a vast improvement on the original, I think this is the best I can do while trying to limit myself to what was in our reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.