I had a hard time finding a picture to use, but I decided to use a picture of a statue I took in Fairbanks for my project. I started by using the Quick Select tool and selecting the statue, I copied it and pasted it into a new layer, and then scaled it larger. I then created another new layer, and while using a light blue color, and then used the Render>Cloud effect to give it a cloudy look. The default “clouds” didn’t look right though, so I scaled that layer to approximately twice its original size to get the look I got. I then used the Patch Healing tool to remove the bird poo and little marks. I adjusted the brightness and levels on the statue layer too. I wanted to make it look like the little girl and dog on the left were looking up in the sky at something, so I used Puppet Warp to do that. It took me several attempts to get this to work, but ultimately did it by using the Polygonal Lasso tool and selecting first the little girl, pasting that selection into a new layer, and then doing the same with the dog. After using Puppet Warp on both the little girl and dog, I saw that a little more work was needed on them. I copied a section right under the dog’s neck and pasted it into a new layer. I then took and scaled it down so it would go to the bottom of the image, I then used the Clone Stamp tool to help clean up the area. I ended by merging all the “statue” layers together and adding a Drop Shadow and Bevel & Emboss to them, and then doing a Filter>Sharpen.


I like how you lightened and improved the visualization of the statue, but I would have left the sky alone. The computer generated sky looks fake and stands out in the image. Part of the beauty and charm of the original photo was an accurate depiction of our skies. Instead of creating a fake sky, I would have cloned some of the blue sky visible off the statues left hand, just above the dog's head.
ReplyDeleteAfter looking at the image again, why did you move the girl's head so she's looking up?