
First thing I did was take convert my image to a tiff so I can take it into camera raw.
I adusted the exposer to -0.20 took down the brightness(-31) and and contrast(-17), moved the recover to 56 and the fill light to 28 till there highlight clipping were gone.
I brought the image into photoshop,
cropped out the girl on the right as much as I could, then I used the clone stamp tool to remove the girl and the car.
I decided I didnt like how blown out the dirt was in the background so first thing I attempted to do was use the color replacement tool, but that looked aweful, so I used the clone stamp tool again to replace it with grass, I took out the fence in the background that was completly white using the clone stamp tool and took out the tree. I also removed the hot spot on the horses back and on the girls shoe.
The man has some hot spots in the wrinkles of his pants, so I used the color replacement tool on them. Between the mans arm was a white area from the blown out ground that I needed to remove so I used the color replacement too to make it blue, then I used the burn tool to darken it.
When I did the adjustments in raw (which was probably unnecessary because all the hotspots I was trying to recover I ended up cloning out) the image became a little more flat, so I added adjustment layers of levels and curves. With the curves, I believe I used the eyedropper tool to set the darks and lights. Im not completely satisfied with my clone job in the background above the fence. I notice some hazy areas that almost look like fog. But I like it better than the original. And I forgot to mention I ran the unsharp mask (which I seemed to overlook in last weeks reading), amout 50% 1 pixel, threshold 3.
Also what was really cool, was how you can save your edit log. I was tempted to just post a copy of it with my image. But It was way long.
doh, I hate it when I start to say one thing and end up saying another, so I got this weirdly written sentance. booh on my first sentance.
ReplyDelete