Friday, June 24, 2011

05-Time


I created a new file making it 8X12 in size.  I then took the coin’s photo and scaled it to fill the background.  I used the magic wand tool on both the $20 bill and watch by selecting the white area, and then selecting the inverse.  I tried doing the same on the clock, but it wasn’t getting the border right, so I used the magnetic lasso tool instead.  After pasting the clock photo onto my image, I used the rotate option to make it straight up and down.  I scaled the $20 bill and rotated the watch until I liked their placement on the image.  I added a Drop Shadow, Outer Glow and Bevel and Emboss to the clock and watch, as well as a 10px black border to my image.  I duplicated the $20 bill layer, and then used the Dust & Scratches filter, combined with the Eraser tool and Clone Stamp tool, to help get rid of the scratches on the $20 bill.  Words were optional on this, but I thought a bold statement of the image would be good.  So I just bolded the Bookman Old Style font, and used green (for money) as the color.  I finished the words off by adding a Drop Shadow and Bevel and Emboss on it.  I wanted the wording to stand out and get your attention, so I changed the Opacity level on all of the imported photo layers.  It looked best with the coins being the lightest, so I set its opacity to 35%.  70% looked good for the clock, watch, and $20 bill, but since I had a few layers for the $20 bill, I had to change its opacity to 52% so that when they’ra on top of each other the don’t look too dark.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good. Your text stands out well. All of your edges are very clean. You can't tell at all that these came from separate images. The only thing I can criticize is the opacity. It seems a little to see through to me. If that makes any sense. Otherwise I think you did awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.