Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Jessica: Color corrections




I can read about color gamut and RGB and CMYK a million times and still get confused.


Well this one was difficult and it doesnt help that I have two differnt moniters that display the colors extremely differnt.


I made several adjustment layers, and deleted a lot of them, so my working order is really scrambled.


On the levels layer: I used the eye droppers to set dark, mid and light tones. Darks, sampled a suit, white: was the babys gown, and I think mid was the boys jacket. I adjusted the output levels on RGB and went and adjust each channel seperatly: Red, Green, blue.


Exposure Adjustment layer: set the exposure= +0.03, offset= +0.0200, Gamma correction= 0.65 to bring out the color and detail in the clothes of the people in front. Used a layer mask to apply the adjustment only to these areas. opacity 45%


Black and white adjustment layer selected only the suits of the men, with a layer mask and adjusted the color sliders to removed some of the discoloration in the clothing.


Curves set at medium contrast moved the center point to the right


I chose to adjust these all separately this way because I lost to much detail in the suits the first attempt. I noticed while everything else started to look ok, the men's clothing became completely black.


I decided not to sharpen because it left to many green halos on corners and in the branches


spot healing tool.­


I wish I could have gotten the sky more blue without making everyone look like zombies. I wanted to get the grass greener too, but after All my other adjustment layers, all I could get was hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.