Sunday, August 14, 2011

Angelesa Ward - Color Corrections


For this image, the first thing I tried was adding a levels adjustment layer. I used the black eyedropper on the inside of the pants leg on the gentleman on the right, and the white eye dropper alternately on the baby's outfit, and the whitewalls of the tires. On the whole, that made the image significantly better, but I could still see a red cast in the men's faces. I tried using different hues, playing with color saturation, multiplying the layer and going to about 16%, adding a screen at about 22%, etc, and NOTHING looked right to me. I ended up with a mulitplied layer at 16%, because of all the tweaking, it looked the best. I desperately wanted to have them have a rosier look, and I wanted the car to be the true mint green I know it is, but I just couldn't get it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.