Here are the steps for my final project, although not necessarily in this order, I’m just following the order in my “Layers.” I duplicated my background layer, just a habit, and used the Gradient Tool to get the effect you see.
I used the “Blue” ribbon off of the Ribbon.psd file and did some work on it. I took and copied half of the “S” and then flipped it horizontally and vertically to complete the word “State.” I then copied half of the “I” and flipped it vertically to complete that letter. I just copied an “A” and moved it into position, and finalized the word “Fair” by copying an “L” and flipping it vertically to give me the top and side of my “F.” I then took the bottom of my “I,” copied it, flipped it horizontally, and made some size adjustments to give me the lower horizontal line of my “F.” I copied the design on the right side of the ribbon, flipped it around, and extended it down the side. I finished it by adding a Drop Shadow.
I took the Ferris Wheel image, cropped it down, and used the Levels setting to adjust the color. I finalized the image by adding a Drop Shadow to it.
I had taken pictures of some fireworks, so thought I would throw them in since they shoot them off the first night of the fair. I grab three different shots of the fireworks, and then used the Levels setting to get the sky pitch black so that it would blend in with the Gradient background I made.
I used the Magnetic Lasso Tool to select the tomatoes from the Produce.psd file. There was a piece of the tomato that was missing because the flower was laying over it, so I took a piece of the tomato, copied it, filled in the area that was missing, and then used the Polygonal Lasso Tool to round out the area and make it look good. I placed it on the bottom right of the picture, duplicated that layer, flipped it horizontally, and moved that layer over to the bottom left. I finalized the image by adding a Drop Shadow to it.
I used the Polygonal Lasso Tool to select the area right around the lights and ticket message from the Ticket Booth file and used the Levels setting to correct the color, but couldn’t get the colors “appealing” without “washing” out the lights. So I selected the black border on the inside area, and then used the Levels and Brightness/Contrast to adjust that more. I then used the Transform-Skew setting to change the image to have 90 degree angles. I set the Opacity to 50% and then finalized the image by adding a Drop Shadow to it.
I used the Magnetic Lasso Tool to select the sheep from the Sheep.psd file. It did a fairly decent job selecting the sheep, but I zoomed in to 800% and with the Polygonal Lasso Tool, cleaned up the edges. I then used the Patch Tool and Clone Stamp to clean up the spots from the saw dust/wood chippings that were on the sheep. I finalized the image by adding a Drop Shadow to it.
I used the Magnetic Lasso Tool to select the flower from the Produce.psd file. It did a fairly decent job selecting the flower, but I zoomed in to 800% and the Polygonal Lasso Tool, cleaned up the edges. There was one pedal that had the tip folded over, so I copied the tip off of another pedal and pasted it on there; I used the Patch Tool to hide the line where they connected to each other. I then took and selected half of the flower, copied it, and then flipped the copied layer horizontally to make a full flower. There was actually a “missing” pedal after the previous step, so I copied an individual pedal and pasted it in that place. The white center of the flower was not centered after the previous steps, so I copied the white center and moved it so it would be in the middle again. I changed the Opacity to 75% and finalized the image by adding a Drop Shadow to it.
I found a picture of my daughter riding a pony at the fair, so I used the Magnetic Lasso Tool to select her and the pony, copied it and then pasted it into a new image. From there I used the Polygonal Lasso Tool to clean up the edges. I changed the Opacity to 80% and finalized the image by adding a Drop Shadow to it.
I used the Magnetic Lasso Tool to select the cotton candy stand from the Cotton_Candy.psd file. It did a fairly decent job selecting the stand, but I zoomed in to 800% and with the Polygonal Lasso Tool, cleaned up the edges.
I had taken a picture of those ducks in that duck “fishing” game and used that as a Clipping Mask under the word Alaska. I then added a Warp Text-Arch to it, and finalized it by adding a Drop Shadow, and Inner and Outer Glow. I added the words “State Fair 2011” and used the Outer Glow and Bevel and Emboss to it.
I finalized the project by adding a 7 point border to the image…

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.