Well here we go. So for the main part of my poster I chose the Roundup Ride as my background, but the image was short. So I created more sky. =) I sampled close to the top of the sky and painted on the background. Then I took the clone stamp and carefully gave it the texture of the rest of the sky. Blur, blur, blur and more blur. I sponged the lights on the ride to make them a little more vibrant in the twilight sky, and then did more blur on the sky. Just cuz.
Next I carefully cut out the top of the ticket booth from that picture and inserted it in the corner. I didn't mess with the lighting because it's obvious they were taken around the same time of day, in the same lighting, here in Fairbanks. I like how it just blends in and looks like it really lives in front of that ride.
Next I grabbed the Ferris wheel image. I at first attempted cutting it out carefully to put behind the Roundup ride, as like a layered ride look, but didn't like how it was turning out. Plus snagging the supports in between the cars was nigh on impossible. So I settled for inserting it in the corner, and ended up liking the small tiled picture effect better. Gave it a drop shadow and moved on.
I wanted to continue with the tiled pictures, so I chose the produce, lamb, and pig and did the same with them.
Next I used the text tool 3 separate times to write in "80th annual" "Tanana Valley State Fair" and "August 5-13, 2011". I added a drop shadow to each but it needed more. I experimented with making the type different colors and didn't think it popped enough. I ended up adding a slight outer glow of hot pink to all of them and I like the final effect. I also sharpened the pig. Forgot til now, hehe.
As far as my decision to leave the sky as it was, not brighten it, but in fact darkening it, I didn't feel right about trying to give it a false sky. This is my favorite fair in the world (I've been to more than a few) and I love going to it. It always is cloudy and rainy (If it's not raining, it's not the fair) and I remember this sky at the fair since my first one in 1984. I believe that is part of the charm, and so it stays.
Hope you like my poster. I had fun in this class learning all about PhotoShop, and seeing the different creative views of my classmates. Thank you. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.