Sunday, August 14, 2011

Angelesa Ward - Filters


For the Ferris wheel I dabbled with trying to make it look like a ferris wheel looks like for me at night without my glasses, but Photoshop doesn't have a "blind as a bat" filter. I ended up going with the Brushstrokes filter - Accented Edges. I like how it brings up and highlights the glow from the neon, yet leaves the twilight sky alone for the most part. It's a stylized feel that makes me wish the fair hadn't ended yesterday. =( There's always Palmer, I suppose.












For the locomotive I was trying to find something that would give a feel of being hand drawn/painted, as if this was before colored photographs (despite the number of stars on the flags, shhh!). I experimented with a lot of the different Brushstroke options before settling on Artistic - Rough Pastels. I then tweaked the stroke size and such til I got the feel I was going for. I like that its just smudged enough to give a clear look at the locomotive, but not how many stars are on the flags. =D













For the berries, I wanted a painted feel, but like you might do if you spent the afternoon in the woods painting berries. I again fiddled with a lot of options before settling on one I like. I chose the Artistic - Dry brush filter, and adjusted the brush size to 8, the brush detail to 10, and left the texture at 1. I like the feel of it. If I were able to paint with any kind of skill, I feel this is how I'd approach this subject. No harsh lines, but capturing the color and beauty of the berries in their native environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.